TOPS weight loss groups meet weekly
The following TOPS weight loss support groups meet weekly in Citrus County:
- Chapter 692 at 9:30 a.m. Fridays at Grace Bible Church, 6382 W. Green Acres St. in Homosassa. Call 352-628-2024.
- Chapter 826 at 8:10 a.m. Tuesdays at First Lutheran Church, 1900 State Road 44 in Inverness. Call 352-464-1349.
- Chapter 743 at 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the DAV building, 1039 N. Paul Drive in Inverness. Call 352-637-6553.
- Chapter 9365 at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at the First Christian Church of Homosassa, 7030 W. Grover Cleveland Blvd. Call 352-533-2607 or 352-212-8550.
- Chapter 408 at 2 p.m. Thursdays at the First Baptist Church, 700 N. Citrus Ave. in Crystal River. Call 352-503-6099.
- Chapter 443 at 3 p.m. Thursdays at the Dunnellon Women’s Club, 11756 Cedar St. Call 352-566-0742.
Get more from the Citrus County Chronicle
For more information about TOPS, visit tops.org.
Mental health support available
The local National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI Citrus) offers in-person and virtual support groups from 6 to 7 p.m. Thursdays at the First Christian Church of Inverness, 2018 Colonade St.
Support groups are for persons living with a mental health condition and their families.
For more information, call 844-687-6264 or visit namicitrus.org/calendar.
Support available for dementia caregivers
North Oak Church is offering group support for caregivers of dementia patients at 6:30 p.m. the first Thursday monthly at the church, 9324 N. Elkcam Blvd. in Citrus Springs.
Caregiving is a difficult job and often goes unrewarded. Dementia has a unique set of difficulties and circumstances that can be helped by meeting with other caregivers who may be experiencing the same problems.
The group will be led by Bernie Collins, retired psychiatric nurse. No religious affiliation is needed to attend.
For more information, call 352-489-1688 or visit northoakbc.org.
Join Grief Toolbox support group
Welcoming new and continuing attendees, the Grief Toolbox support group will start a new session of meetings from 2 to 3 p.m. every Wednesday at the Friends of Citrus and the Nature Coast Wings Grief Center, 8471 W. Periwinkle Lane in Homosassa.